Phil uses an interactive quiz game hosted from a laptop computer and played on smartphones and tablets.
Note: Only one smart device is required per quiz team.
Players take part in the same way they would a pen and paper quiz, but instead of pens and paper, each team uses a free app on their smart device, with the presenter reading questions from a laptop computer.
How is this the same as a traditional quiz?
- Phil uses a microphone to read the questions.
- Quiz teams sit around tables answering questions.
- professionally written quiz questions are provided, alternatively if you would like to provide customised questions for your corporate event (product or industry based questions) these can be used given prior notice.
How is SpeedQuizzing different to a traditional pub quiz?
- Rather than having an unspecified amount of time to decide on an answer, teams are given a time-limit during which they input an answer using the keypad on their smart device screen. This gives players considerably less time to attempt to cheat!
- Answers are submitted by a single tap on the device screen, i.e. first letter of the answer, or multiple-choice (A.B.C.D etc).
- The answer is revealed after each question, rather than all together at the end of a round or the entire quiz.
- Scoring is taken care of automatically by the laptop, with the leader-board being accessible throughout the event.
- SpeedQuizzing uses sound effects which can be amplified through a sound system to create an upbeat lively atmosphere, more in keeping with a TV gameshow than a pen and paper quiz.
Only input the first letter of your answer
If the answer is a persons name, input the first letter of their first
If the answer begins with “The”. E.G “The Lion King” you
should answer “L” not “T”
Listen to the multiple
and input A,B,C,D,E,F
on the keypad
Simply type in a number
and press enter. Answers
Which incorporate a year
Must be the full year.
EG “1981” not “81”
Put the options in
the correct order by
Tapping them in
Fastest finger wins on
These type of questions
Phil will then ask the fastest
team to call out their answe